Limited edition – Exhibition catalogue
3rd Venice International Performance Art Week 2016
Fragile Body - Material Body
With documentation of the works presented at the III Venice International Performance Art Week 20146 Fragile Body - Material Body:
Marina Abramović, Dimitris Alithinos, Marcel·lí Antúnez Roca, Marilyn Arsem, John Baldessari, Janusz Bałdyga, Evangelia Basdekis, Nathalie Anguezomo Mba Bikoro, Lisa Bufano, John Cage & Klaus vom Bruch, Sophie Calle, Kris Canavan, Cassils, Panos Charalambous, Thanassis Chondros/Alexandra Katsiani, Samanta Cinquini & Luca Nava, Helen Cole, Alexander Del Re, Jeannette Ehlers, Giovanni Fontana, Nicola Fornoni, Franko B, Coco Fusco & Paula Heredia, Christina Georgiou, Guillermo Gómez-Peña, Gim Gwang Cheol, gyrl grip, Ria Hartley, Mona Hatoum, Jeff Huckleberry, Irwin, Casey Jenkins, Maria Karavela, Anna Kosarewska, KörperSchafftKlang, Kyrahm & Julius Kaiser, Maria Klonaris & Katerina Thomadaki, Sara Kostić, jamie lewis hadley, Arrigo Lora Totino, Tran Luong, Ato Malinda, Antonio Manuel, Andrea Marcaccio, Noé Martínez & María Sosa, James McAllister, Paul McCarthy, Ana Mendieta, Johann Merrich, Mladen Miljanović, Linda Montano, Charlotte Moorman & Nam June Paik, Andrea Morucchio, Otto Mühl & Hermann Nitsch, Bruce Nauman, Martin O'Brien, ORLAN, OHO Group, Yoko Ono, Leda Papaconstantìnou, Mike Parr, Fyodor Pavlov-Andreevich, Alexandros Plomaritis, Alicia Radage, Preach R Sun, Ivana Ranisavljević, Douglas Quin & Lorne Covington, Pipilotti Rist, Mauro Sambo, Lerato Shadi, Marcel Sparmann, Stelarc, Demetrio Stratos, Matej Stupica & Lenka Đorojević, Suka Off, Theodoros,sculptor, Bill Viola, Andy Warhol & Jørgen Leth, Lawrence Weiner, Susanne Weins & Sašo Vollmaier, Jud Yalkut, Mary Zygouri | ART WEEK Fringe.
ESSAYS AND TEXTS:
- VestAndPage "Temporary Artistic Community"
- Lisa Newman "Venice International Performance Art Week As T.A.Z."
- João Florêncio "Porosity / The Body"
- Francesca Carol Rolla "Body Matters, Bodies In Becoming"
- Małgorzata Sady "Random Thoughts On Fragility"
- Alicia Radage "Active Boundaries Of Occupation And Queer Fragility"
- Guillermo Gómez-Peña "The New Barbarians: A Declaration Of Poetic Disobedience From The New Border"
- Francesco Kiais "The Dream Of Antigone"
- Felipe Monteiro "On Differentiated Bodies, Fragility And Alterity"
- Penzo + Fiore "On The Fragile"
- Marilyn Arsem "This Is Performance Art"
- Marcel·lì Antùnez Roca "On Performance – In Conversation With Enrico Pastore"
- Janusz Bałdyga "Fragile Body"
- Giovanni Fontana "Epigenetic Poetry – Hypervox and Electrophonic Mask"
- Franko B "On Love And Romance"
- Antonio Manuel "Fragments – At The Heart Of The Body Is The Work"
- ORLAN "Carnal Art Manifesto"
- Stelarc "Prosthetic, Fractal & Phantom Flesh – Alternate Anatomical Architectures"
The III VENICE INTERNATIONAL PERFORMANCE ART WEEK took place at European Cultural Centre | Palazzo Mora and Palazzo Michiel in Venice, December 10-17, 2016 under the focus Fragile Body – Material Body. It concluded the trilogy project following the first two editions Hybrid Body – Poetic Body (2012) and Ritual Body – Political Body (2014). The live art exhibition project dedicated to contemporary performance art showcased in its third edition works of over 80 international performance artists from around the globe, some of which presented in cooperation with prestigious cultural institutions and foundations. Pioneers of this art discipline exhibited and performed alongside established and emerging artists, reflecting influences and current tendencies in the field. The project consists of an exhibition of performance installations, photographic and video documentation as well as vibrant program of live performances, talks, screenings and meetings with the participating artists, researchers and curators.
The VENICE INTERNATIONAL PERFORMANCE ART WEEK 2016 is the live art exhibition project conceived, initiated and curated by artist duo VestAndPage and organised in collaboration with Studio Contemporaneo, Venice Open Gates, We Exhibit, Live Arts Cultures and European Cultural Centre | GAA Foundation.
Venice: VestAndPage press,